Course Development Grants for Faculty at UNC System Schools of Education
The deadline for this call has now passed. If you have any further inquiries about this past opportunity, please contact Kevin W. Fogg at email@example.com.
The Carolina Asia Center is committed to supporting the teaching of Asia to students across North Carolina, and a concrete way to get Asia knowledge into the state’s K-12 classrooms is to teach about Asia to pre-service teachers at UNC system Schools of Education.
Faculty members who teach at least one course at a School of Education, College of Education, or pre-service teacher program in a UNC system school are eligible for course development grants of up to $1,000, with the purpose of adding Asia-related content to existing courses or developing new courses with Asia-related content. (NB: The content should address Asia, not just Asian-Americans. This funding comes from the US Department of Education specifically for global education.)
To submit an application, send a 1-2 page proposal, your curriculum vitae, a 1-page proposed timeline and a 1-page budget to Kevin W. Fogg, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also arrange for an email to Dr. Fogg to confirm that the proposed course will be taught—this can come from a department chair or dean, as appropriate at your institution. The CAC evaluates proposals based on feasibility and measurable impact on Asia-related instruction at the home institution.
Deadline: May 10, 2021
These grants are possible through the pan-Asia National Resource Center grant that the CAC holds from the US Department of Education. All grants are subject to federal and state guidelines.
Grant Usage Policy:
- Awards can be requested to support stipends, supplies and/or travel reimbursements (NOTE: Stipends are subject to taxes).
- Currently, only domestic travel is possible; we are unable to fund proposals with international travel at this time.
- The reimbursement for the grant implementation must be claimed by the date specified, or an extension for the grant implementation must be requested from the Carolina Asia Center.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Faculty members are required to report on any increase in or improvement of Asia content in classes or publications as a result of the grant upon its completion. Faculty members are also required to provide any instructional materials created as a result of this grant to the Carolina Asia Center.