- This event has passed.
Pre-dissertation Summer Travel Grants: Henry Luce Foundation/ACLS Program in China Studies
November 4, 2015 @ 8:00 pm - 8:55 pm
- Amount: $5,000
- Tenure: 3-4 months (in 2016) for a preliminary visit to China necessary to prepare for beginning basic research for the dissertation. (Graduate students who have already begun research in China are not eligible.)
- Eligibility: 1) An applicant must be enrolled in a PhD program at a university in the United States or Canada. 2) The application must contain a letter from the dissertation supervisor stating the need for a summer visit to China prior to dissertation research. This may include work useful to development of the prospectus.
- Deadline: Completed applications must be submitted through the ACLS Online Fellowship Application system (http://ofa.acls.org/) no later than 9 pm Eastern Standard Time, November 4, 2015.
- Notifications will be sent in May 2016.
- Final report required on completion.
- The research design and intellectual organization of the dissertation project, and its significance to the field of China studies;
- The suitability of the proposed visit to China to prepare for dissertation research in archives or at field sites;
- The academic potential of the applicant; and
- The feasibility of the plan of work for the proposed visit to China prior to the beginning of dissertation research.
The Carolina Asia Center supports diverse Asia-related events. However, CAC co-sponsorship of any talk, seminar, documentary screening, film screening, performance or celebration does not constitute endorsement of or agreement with the views presented therein. As an academic institution, we value diverse perspectives that promote dialogue and understanding.