The Japan America Society of North Carolina (JASNC) would like to invite you to our first Annual JASNC Conference: “2016 Update on US/Japan Relations” on April 25th
2016. The event will be hosted by JASNC and is generously supported in part by JP Morgan Chase, Williams and Mullin, CBC America, Cherry Bekaert and the NC Biotech Center.
Originally founded in 1917, the National Association of Japan-America Societies is a private, non-profit and non-political organization consisting of individual and corporate members. As the 37th
chapter of the National Association of Japan-American Societies, JASNC’s mission is to promote US-Japan relations throughout North Carolina by implementing and supporting various events and programs focusing on business, cultural, education and community relations.
We are pleased that a number of seasoned leaders will address the participants at our Annual Conference including:
- Ms. Irene Hirano Inoue, President of the US-Japan Council
- Mr. Peter Kelly, President of the National Association of the Japan-America Societies
- Dr. Morgan Pitelka, Director of the Carolina Asia Center at UNC-Chapel Hill and Former Director for the Triangle Center for Japanese Studies
- Mr. David Robinson, Honorary Consul General of Japan in North Carolina
- Dr. Tracy Tsuetaki, Chairman of Japan-America Society of North Carolina
- Mr. Takashi Shinozuka, Consul General of Japan in Atlanta
- Mr. Atsushi Yamakoshi, Executive Director of the Keidanren USA
- Mr. Toshiyuki Yokota, President, JETRO New York
- Mr. Takeshi Yoshida, Program Director for the Grassroots Exchange and Education at the Japan Foundation for Global Partnership, New York
After the speaker’s presentations and Q&As, a free reception will follow.
Title: Annual JASC Conference: “2016 Update on US/Japan Relations”
: Monday, April 25th
Registration starts at 12:00 pm
Program from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
: Hamner Conference Center, North Carolina Biotech Center
15 TW Alexander Drive RTP, NC
: Free (Please take the first left, into the Biotechnology Center’s parking lot.)
Admission for Program
: Student – Free, Member – $10
Non-Member – $20 or *$30 (incl. membership)
All admission fees should be paid in advance. Please click here
*note: this is a special membership promotion. $30 includes admission for the program/reception for this conference and the annual individual membership fee. The annual individual membership fee is $30 per year.
: The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
11 West Jones Street, Raleigh, NC
Monday, April 25th
5:30 – 7:00 pm
: Public parking lot is available next to the Museum
(Payment not required as long as you depart the lot after 6:30 pm)
Admission for Reception
Please see click here
for more information about the conference. The RSVP deadline is Wednesday, April 20th. Seating is limited, so please reserve early.