Speakers participating in the China Visiting Scholars Program and the Vietnam Implementation Science Advancement Program (VISA) will present their work-in-progress during their time at UNC Chapel Hill.
UNC faculty members Mike Cohen, Irving Hoffman, Joe Tucker, Vivian Go, and Weiming Tang will host an opportunity for visiting scholars from the Southern Medical University (SMU) in Guangzhou, China, and the Hanoi Medical University (HMU) in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- HMU faculty: Van Hoang, MD, PhD; Trang Nguyen, PhD
- SMU Postdoctoral Fellows: Qing Dan, PhD, Zingqi Zhao, MD
- SMU Doctoral Scholars: Shuo Han, Wenqiao He, Shuqin Gu
This event is open to UNC students, staff, and affiliates. Please RSVP (for in-person attendance) or Register (for Zoom attendance).
Topics from the China group
– Identification and mapping of B-cell linear and structural epitopes in HBV infection;
– Plasmodium ovale spp. selective whole genome amplification;
– Iodine-based small-molecule dyes enhancing radiotherapy against lung cancer;
– The functional lncRNA exploration in fuso infected colorectal cancer cells secreted exosomes;
– Understanding the Treg and T cell function in autoimmunity, immunological aging, and inflammation.
From the Vietnam group
– Quality of Life and Stigma Among People Living With HIV/AIDS in a province in Vietnam: a cross-sectional study;
– Exploring implementation strategies to reduce methamphetamine use and promote mental health of female sex workers in Vietnam