- This event has passed.
Gendered Violence at the Time of India’s Partition
December 1, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Azba Wahid, “Political, Religious and Suffering Bodies: The Experience of Women during Partition”
- Reyhana Malekloo, “Trauma and the Reintegration of Women after Partition”
- Aashka Patel, “The Inscription of Religious Piety on Female Bodies during Partition”
- Lauren Demko, “‘Warrior’ Women: Are Sikh Women Accurately Represented in Partition Literature?”
- Hannah Feinsilber, “The River Churning: One Woman’s Harrowing Tale in the Northeast”
The Carolina Asia Center supports diverse Asia-related events. However, CAC co-sponsorship of any talk, seminar, documentary screening, film screening, performance or celebration does not constitute endorsement of or agreement with the views presented therein. As an academic institution, we value diverse perspectives that promote dialogue and understanding.