The Korea Forum promotes awareness, dialogue, and scholarly activities on Korea-related subjects at the University of North Carolina and beyond.
Since its founding, the Korea Forum has developed a multi-disciplinary community of scholars, teachers, graduate students and Korean diaspora in North Carolina through academic seminars, conferences, guest lectures, films series, and performances on various Korea-related topics. The Korea Forum also facilitates dialogue between academia and diverse local and global communities.
The Korea Forum hosts a wide variety of events and programs, including monthly meetings, the Korea Research Fellow program, the Korean-American Young Adult Leadership mentoring program and graduate student mentorship.
2014 – 2015 Korea Research Fellows
- Dr. Byung Hwan Hyeon, Director of the KBPI (www.kribb.re.kr/) and Professor of Technology Management & Policy at University of Science and Technology, South Korea
- Dr. Lakhyung Kim, Associate Professor at the Woosuk University, College of Korean Medicine in Jeonju, South Korea
- Dr. Tae Hee Kim, Director of Social Economy Division, Seoul Metropolitan Government, South Korea
- Dr. Wonjeoung Lee, Assistant Professor & Chief Professor in the Department of International Trade, Duksung Women’s University, Seoul, South Korea
- Dr. Jinyoung Seo, Lecture Professor, Faculty of Liberal Education, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Dr. Sangwoo Shin, Professor, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University, South Korea
- Dr. Byung Won Yoo, M.D., Pediatric cardiologist, Severance Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
UNC Faculty Mentors
- Dr. Ji-Yeon Jo – Assistant Professor, Department of Asian Studies
- Dr. Jongbae Park – Director of Asian Medicine and Acupuncture Research & Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in the UNC School of Medicine; Joint appointment with UNC Faculty of Dentistry
- Hyeyoung Hwang – Ph.D. Student – Educational Psychology, Measurement & Evaluation, School of Education, UNC Chapel Hill